Emmanuel’s 152nd Annual Congregational Meeting is scheduled for Sunday, 26 January 2020 following the 10:00 AM service. Each year we take just a few minutes of your time to conduct a few legal and canonical business items and to make sure that your questions about the ways and means of Emmanuel Church are answered. We have this down to a science: many congregations take hours for this work; we do it in about 45 minutes! Because this is an important time for all of us to gather, we will not hold services at 8:00 AM or Noon, to encourage everyone to worship together.
There will be an activity for children to participate in during the meeting, in order to make it possible for families to attend. And we will provide a little nosh on the way to the meeting: if you have a favorite coffee cake recipe to share, please consider baking up a batch and bringing it along. Peter’s exquisite quiche will also be available, as well as drinks.
Part of why we can be quick about it all is that we post the Annual Reports from Ministry Leaders and staff here, for you to peruse beforehand. Hard copies will be available for the asking, but we prefer to save the paper and do this digitally instead. Plus — like all of our website pages — this will automatically be archived for your future reference.
Here are the Annual Reports (posted as they are made available).
- Rector’s Report — Rector’s Report 2020
- Senior Warden’s Report — Senior Warden Report for 2019
- Junior Warden’s Property Report — ANNUAL REPORT FROM THE JUNIOR WARDEN 2019
- Christian Education Report — Christian Education Report
- Organist/Choirmaster Report — Choirmaster’s report 2019
- Outreach Report — Outreach Ministries Report
- Worship Ministries — Worship Ministries Report
- 2019 Final Financial Statement — Budget vs. Actual Jan-Dec 2019
- 2019 Fund Balance Sheet — Balance Sheet December 31 2019
- 2020 Proposed Budget — Copy of 2020 Budget
The largest share of our meeting time together is devoted to answering your questions about any of the above, so we hope you will take the time to review what we have made available.
Please also remember that this is one of the few times we gather people from all our services, so you may get to meet and chat with a parishioner you never knew before!
The Rev’d Canon Dr. Mark Gatza, Rector